Treherbert Band Child Protection Policy Statement
Treherbert & District Band acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of music at Treherbert & District Band in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in Treherbert & District Youth Band or outside of the activity.
Treherbert & District Band acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy, Treherbert & District Band will
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures are widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Treherbert & District Band. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
This policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the event of changes in legislation and/or government guidance, or as a result of any other significant change or event.
(Last reviewed Jan 2018)
if you have any enquiries you would like to discuss in regard to the above, please contact us here